Reports to the Director of Operations
Maintain standards of performance for the operational areas of fleet management (vehicles, tractors and trucks), building maintenance (equipment, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, heating, air-conditioning), the overall operation of the facility and associated security systems, and the organizational safety program.
- Manage use of the fleet
- Ensure drivers load trucks per the schedule
- Create the plan of the day for use of the fleet to support pick up and distribution of donations.
- Manage schedule for order pick up and drop off
- Ensure assets are in working order, receive scheduled maintenance and are secured at the end of the work day
- Manage programs for vehicle keys, gas cards and security access. Secure all supplies (keys, gas cards and security access cards) to prevent theft
- Maintain the fleet to support the distribution schedule
- Maintain licenses
- Maintain inspections
- Keep maintenance and repairs current
- Coordinate with accounting to ensure taxes and fees are paid on time
- Generate accurate and timely fleet performance reports to enable execution of program improvements
- Safety and Risk Control experience preferred
- Ensure all features of the facility are in working order. Schedule maintenance in a timely manner.
- Respond to building failures in a timely manner
- Conduct morning and end of work day walkdowns. Identify actions required to maintain building, distribution center and overall property standards
- Incorporate identified actions into the plan of the day (POD), or the maintenance punch list as appropriate
- Maintain building and center cleanliness
- Establish and execute programs that ensure all assets are secured at the end of the work day.
- Utilize maintenance technicians efficiently to ensure building, center and property are maintained in satisfactory condition
- Prioritize and execute all necessary maintenance and repairs
Pest and Food Safety
- Maintain compliance with standards
- Conduct walk downs of pest stations and oversee maintenance of the same
- Manage assigned staff
- Design efficient processes
- Organizational agility
- Capable of creating, executing and managing program governance and action plans
- Manage program budget
- May approve invoices
- Able to execute food bank-specific technology following appropriate training
- Proficient in all applicable MS Suite programs
- Excellent written & oral communications skills required.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position
- Bachelor’s Degree required